Are you in need of orthopedic surgery? Contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Chris Boone MD, the best Bellevue orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Boone has been serving the residents of Bellevue and its environs for years. He specializes in hip replacement surgery, robotic knee, and the treatment of complex hip disorders. He has extensive training and experience in performing complex hip and knee surgery. We offer a wide variety of treatments to meet the needs of our patients ranging from minimally invasive treatments to full joint replacement and more. Our clinic applies advanced robotic technology to achieve even better results. Below we answer some of the most questions patients frequently ask when they approach us for orthopedic surgery.
What is Orthopedic Surgery?
Definition of orthopedic surgery
Orthopedics is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions and injuries that affect the bones, muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons and nerves also known as the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedic surgery is any surgical procedure carried out by an orthopedic surgeon to correct or treat conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system. Contact our clinic to learn more from the best Bellevue orthopedic surgeon.
Types of orthopedic surgeries
There is a wide range of procedures designed to treat or correct conditions and injuries affecting the musculoskeletal system. Some of the most common procedures we perform on patients at our clinic include:
- Knee replacement surgery
- Hip replacement
- Shoulder replacement
- Spinal fusion
- Joint fusion
- Internal bone fixation
- Revision joint surgeries
- Bone grafting
- Rotator cuff repair
When is Orthopedic Surgery Necessary?
When you visit an orthopedic surgeon for treatment, they will first prescribe nonsurgical treatments whenever possible. These may include medication, rest and even physical therapy. However, if your condition is advanced or does not respond to non-surgical treatments, orthopedic surgery may be recommended.
Conditions that may require orthopedic surgery
If you’re searching for the best Bellevue WA orthopedic surgeon, get in touch with us. We offer services to help treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Broken bones
- Bone infections
- Tendon infections
- Cerebral palsy
- Cancers affecting the musculoskeletal system
- And many more
Signs that indicate you may need orthopedic surgery
Are you wondering whether you should book an appointment to see the best orthopedic surgeon Bellevue trusts for great results? You should get in touch with us to schedule an appointment if you exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- Tingling or numbness in any part of your body
- Swelling especially after an injury
- Pain when carrying out normal tasks such as walking
Preparing for Orthopedic Surgery
If you’re searching for the best Bellevue WA orthopedic surgeon, you should get in touch with us to schedule an appointment with Dr. Chris Boone.
- What to expect before surgery
When you contact us for consultation, you will undergo a physical examination to assess swelling, range of motion, skin condition, muscle condition and reflexes. You will also be subjected to imaging tests including x-rays or CT scans. You will then receive a diagnosis and have the opportunity to discuss your condition and treatment options with our doctor.
- How to prepare for surgery
If you have been recommended for orthopedic surgery, you will be provided with details of the procedure and what you will need to prepare. Our team will advise you on what you need to do in order to prepare for your surgery as well as for your return home after the procedure e.g. arranging for child care or a cleaner to assist you with your chores. We encourage patients to ask questions about the procedure and their role in ensuring successful recovery.
- Risks and complications to consider
Just as with any other type of surgery, orthopedic surgical treatments come with various risks. Some risks and complications you should be aware of include:
- Wound infection
- Nerve injury
- Blood vessel damage
- Deep vein thrombosis
During Orthopedic Surgery
- What happens during surgery
- What occurs during the surgery will vary depending on the particular procedure you are undergoing. An anesthesiologist will determine the best form of anesthesia to administer based on the procedure and your medical history. Dr. Chris Boone makes use of state of the art technology for minimally invasive procedures. We only opt for open surgery when it is absolutely necessary.
- Common techniques used during surgery
- Some of the most common techniques used for orthopedic surgery include:
- Corrective surgery
- Tissue repair
- Joint replacement
Recovery from Orthopedic Surgery
- What to expect after surgery
- Depending on the type of procedure you have undergone, you will be provided with time to recover from the procedure. When your condition is stable, you will be released to return to your home with instructions on what to do during the recovery period.
- Healing time frames for different types of surgeries
- Healing time frames depend on the injury, your age, as well as the type of surgical procedure carried out. Some patients recover within a few weeks. Others take several months to recover.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- You will be provided with guidance on rehabilitation and physical therapy to restore range of motion and improve healing.
Are you searching for the best orthopedic surgeon in Bellevue WA? Contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Chris Boone, MD. Learn more about your condition and how we can help you regain health and live a full life.